Christ Church is blessed to have had the sound of the "king of instruments" grace our worship services from the very beginning. Our first known instrument was E. & G.G. Hook Opus 445 (II/25), which was in service from 1868 until 1898 after which it was purchased by St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Leominster, MA (where it currently resides). This was succeeded by Geo. S Hutchings Opus 450 from 1898-1927. In 1922, a nine-rank Echo division was added by Kimball, Smallman & Frazee in the rear ceiling, from which only the facade pipes remain.
In 1928, our current E.M. Skinner Opus 743, which was originally four manuals and 38 ranks, was completed. Substantial revisions were undertaken by M. P. Moller, Inc. in 1961 (R-669), Kinzey-Angerstein in 1976 (R-10), and Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. in 2009, the last of which included a rebuilt console. The organ presently consists of three manuals and 67 ranks (including a six-rank floating antiphonal division at the rear of the nave) totaling over 4000 pipes. It is tuned and maintained by Czelusniak et Dugal, Inc. of Northampton, MA
You can hear the organ featured in some of the videos on our YouTube channel.